What does technology mean for you? How does it reflect in your practice? How do you think a Specialist in Educational Technology can partner with teachers, inspiring and leading them to the latest trends?
At Green Ivy we believe technology is a fundamental tool, an indispensable part of everything we do. It is a mentality, an approach to the world in which it no longer is for somebody else, it’s everyday life.
We are searching for a Specialist in Educational technology who lives and breathes it. The ideal candidate embraces and sees tech as a tool that empowers the learner. As a group of forward-thinking schools, our learning environment encompasses all aspects of technology and advocates for students Early Childhood through Grade 8 to learn coding, robotics, engineering, and to become increasingly familiar with tools and concepts related to virtual reality, artificial intelligence and how technological innovations can support enhanced learning and problem-solving in developmentally appropriate ways.
This position focus on co-teaching with Early Childhood -8th graders. It is expected that the technology specialist is connected to the world through social media platforms and other forms of networking, researching, and planning. Being part of weekly curriculum planning with our teaching teams and playing a critical role as a passionate spokesperson for our forward-thinking approach to technology will be essential.
DELIVERY 55% (WITH K-8 STUDENTS AND TEACHERS)
- Identify, design and effectively incorporate plans and programs into the classroom and learning environment
- Teach students in grades K-8 through focus sessions (define Focus sessions) and together with the co-teacher delivers technology practices to students.
- Research and understand how to use available technology in an IB classroom.
- Create technology displays, media and communications to showcase the curriculum and technology integration at PSS.
- Create an inventory of school wide technology (apps, online subscriptions, hardware, software gadgets etc.)
- Constantly and actively monitor and participate in social media, networking events and, conferences staying on top of what’s happening, building awareness and demonstrating, facilitating opportunities, and creating experiences.
- Support the Heads of School during Open Houses and Tours with parents, sharing the implementation of Technology
- Deliver regular workshops for parents.
WORKING WITH K-8 TEACHERS 35%
- Lead the Design Technology program, facilitating, encouraging, and inspiring teachers on the creation of interdisciplinary lessons using cutting-edge technology and multimedia equipment using the Design Cycle.
- Represents Green Ivy’s leadership and commitment to technology education in the world
- Curate experiences, resources and opportunities for teachers to explore, inviting them to pursue pathways from their own set of interests with a personalized approach.
- Nurture in each teacher a specific interest in innovation and the use of technology.
- Work with new teachers to upskill them and act as a coach throughout the year.
- Participate in teacher planning sessions to enrich the IB curriculum in which students are fully engaged in creative, intellectual current technology reflective of the IB philosophy.
- Provide specific feedback on teacher candidates (K-8) use of technology.
- Helps assess teacher candidate demos
DELIVERING WITH PARENTS 10%
Location/Region: New York, NY (10005)